The following pre- and post-care instructions are important to your overall treatment. If you have any questions, please call the office.
- Avoid Vitamin E, fish oils, and Ginkgo Biloba for one week prior to treatment.
- Avoid ASA (Abbreviation on a medication that indicates it contains acetylsalicylic acid (Aspirin) 2 weeks before treatment. (Please consult with your physician first if you are on ASA therapy).
- Avoid anti-histamine and inflammatory drugs once week prior to treatment. These negate the effects of the procedure. The body's histamine and inflammatory responses are needed post procedure.
- Stop Laser Hair Removal, Electrolysis, Waxing, and Depilatory creams one week prior to treatment.
- Stop topical retinoids (tretinoin and retinoic acid (Retin-A, Renova, Refissa)) one week prior to treatment.
- If using Accutane, a 3-month waiting period after discontinuation of medication is required.
- Please notify our office if you have ever been diagnosed with Herpes Simplex Virus (HSV)- You may require prophylactic therapy.
What to expect after your treatment:
- Immediate pinpoint bleeding may occur, which will resolve within 10 minutes.
- Minor redness and swelling will occur for 1-2 days.
- Minor peeling and flakiness will occur after a few days. Don't pick at the loose skin.
- Call our office if you experience excessive redness, swelling, pain or drainage as they might indicate an infection.
- The initial 72 hours post-procedure are the most critical.
- Avoid direct sun and head. This includes simple day-to-day tasks such as gardening, cooking over a hot stove for a long period of time, sitting next to a bonfire or fireplace, etc.
- Discontinue use of any Alpha-Hydroxy products. You may resume your homecare regimen when skin is no longer flaking and peeling.
- Use hydrating and reparative products. Products rich in soothing and healing ingredients are best to encourage new, healthy cell growth. Peptides, antioxidants, stem cells, Vitamin A, C, and E, and growth factors work very well.
- Use physical sunscreen. Sun care products should be applied no less than every 30-90 minutes. DO NOT go outside without sun protection (even on a cloudy day).
- No scratching or peeling.
- Limit exercise the first week.
- Drink plenty of water.