- You must shave the hair of the body part to be treated. If you cannot shave yourself, then advise the technician and our staff prior to treatment in order schedule extra time in the appointment and we can do it for you for a fee of $50 per area per occurrence.
- Do not wax, pluck or use depilatories during your series of laser hair reduction
- Avoid sun exposure for 2 days prior to treatment and use SPF 30 daily to ensure coverage against UVB and UVA rays.
- Do not use self-tanning products for 2 weeks prior to and/or post treatment.
- Discontinue use of Tretinoin type products (Renova, Tretinoin, Retin A, Retin A Micro, Tri-Luma, Solage, etc.) or Hydroquinone at least 2 weeks prior to treatment.
- Many medications that are sun sensitive will also make your more sensitive to the laser. Please disclose any medications that you may be taking.
- If you have a history of cold sores, herpes begin prophylactic treatment with Valtrex or similar no later than the day prior to your laser hair treatment.
- Notify the center if you develop a cold sore, acne, open lesions in the area being treated, or experience any type of illness prior to your treatment.
- Longevity of Botox and fillers done any time one week before and after Botox face treatment may be affected. Botox done within to treatment is not recommended.
- REMEMBER - Laser hair reduction is never 100%. Industry standard is 75 to 90% reduction in the hairs. Not all hairs will be destroyed. Hormones can cause hair to grow back.
- You may experience small red bumps around the hair follicle. This is normal and expected. Do not pick, rub or scratch these until they have cleared. Your skin overall may be sensitive for several days following your laser hair removal treatment.
- If your skin scabs or crusts, or your experience a burn, do not pick, rub or scratch these areas. Doing so can result in infection, permanent pigment changes in your skin or even scarring. Gently cleanse the area and apply hydrocortisone cream several times a day for one week. If the area is open, also apply a layer of antibiotic ointment over the hydrocortisone cream. Please contact us immediately if you experience any burns.
- Do not sunbathe or use a tanning bed for at least 2 weeks following your treatment. If you need to be out in the sun, wear an SPF 30 minimum.
- Avoid swimming, hot tubs, hot showers, heated yoga and saunas for 48 hours following your treatment.
- It can take several weeks for the hair in the treated area to "fall out" (push up and out of the follicle). This time frame is normal.
- Do not expect your hair to "not grow back" after a single session. Laser hair removal is a process.
- Subsequent treatment sessions should be 4-5 weeks apart.
- Although rare, infection in the treated area is possible. Signs of infection may include redness and tenderness in the infected area and fever. Should you develop an infection, antibiotics may be necessary.
Please contact us should you have any concerns. if burning, infection, or injury or any related concern to the treated area appears after treatment, client is expected to call the office 408-444-8084 and report the concern for evaluation and photos will be taken. Also immediately if symptoms are severe and pain, injury, swelling,burning,redness, infection,trouble breathing Or any unknown symptom occurs CALL 911 and report to the nearest emergency center. I understand that these pre/post care instructions are important to my overall treatment.