The following pre- and post-care instructions are important to your overall treatment. If you have any questions, please call the office.
1. Sun exposure and/or usage of a tanning bed, including self-tanning products must be avoided for a minimum of 24 hours before and after the treatment, preferably 1 week. Treatment within 24 hours of prolonged sun exposure (natural sunlight, artificial tanning booth, or sunless tanning products) may result in hypopigmentation (white spots) or hyperpigmentation (dark spots) that may not clear for several months or may even be permanent. Aquagold will not be administered on sunburned skin.
2. Area to be treated must be clean, and free of any lotion, makeup, and sunscreen. If you have any of these on, they must be completely washed off prior to treatment.
3. No area to be treated should receive any type of Chemical Peel for 2 weeks prior and after treatment.
4. Retin-A, Renova, and Tazorac must not be used for 1 week prior or after treatment.
5. Waxing and/or use of chemical depilatories must be avoided for 2 weeks prior and after the treatment. Shaving is allowed immediately before treatment and 48-72 hours after treatment as long as there is no skin irritation.
6. You may not be pregnant for this treatment.
7. Notify the provider of any tattoos, including cosmetic tattooing, in the vicinity of the area to be treated as tattoos must be avoided.
8. If you have a history of cold sores, we may recommend prophylactic antiviral therapy in the form of Valtrex® or Aycylovir. If so, follow the directions for your prescription.
9. During the course of your treatments, notify our staff of any changes to your medical history, health status, or personal activities that may be relevant to your treatment.
1. A sunburn-like effect is normal. The treated area may appear pink in color, but will resolve in 1-2 hours. The skin may feel tight, dry, swollen, and sensitive to the touch.
2. After Care Products and Regimen: Do not wash your face for the first 6 hours. Wash the treated area gently with a gentle cleanser and you may apply your routine skin moisturizer thereafter. You may resume your daily skin regimen the next day.
3. Sun exposure must be avoided for at least 24 hours after your treatment, preferably 1-2 weeks. If you know you will get incidental sun exposure, i.e., driving to and from work, walking from your car to the house, etc., we recommend physical avoidance of the sun in all treated areas, a protective hat and a full spectrum sun block of SPF 30 or higher.
4. Do not use exfoliating medications, chemicals, or products on the treated areas for at least 2 week.
5. No exercise that causes sweating, Jacuzzi, sauna, or steam baths if any skin irritation exists.
6. Sleep on your back with your head elevated slightly to reduce swelling.
7. It is recommended that makeup should not be applied for 6 hours after the procedure.
8. For best results and efficacy, we recommend maintenance treatments every 3-4 months. You may notice immediate results. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS, PLEASE CONTACT US IMMEDIATELY AT 408-564-8783